"Financial Support Programme for Green Bond Issuance (tentative name)" for FY2019
Research on pricing, risk, impact, etc. of Green Bonds and others (plan)
The Ministry of the Environment (hereafter, MOEJ) promotes issuance of and investment in green bonds, as an effective and new green financing tool for providing private funds to low carbonization projects. For that purpose, MOEJ developed and published the Green Bond Guidelines, shows good examples of green bond issuance through Pilot Project for Green Bond Issuance, and disseminates related information through the Green Bond Issuance Promotion Platform.
Furthermore, now that the amount of issued Green Bonds is expanding, actions for mainstreaming green finance, including Green Bonds is required for Japan to lead the green finance market. There are measures to contribute to the development of a sound green finance market. For example, it should be demonstrated to the domestic and overseas investors the concept of risk and return in funding green projects and companies, appropriate pricing methods, and investment behavior of ESG investors, etc. based on scientific evidence. Such information should be widely disseminated in the markets.
Therefore, continuously from FY2018, MOEJ calls for proposal for Research on pricing, risk, impact, etc. of Green Bonds and others, and plans to showcase the research results as basic information to market participants. As a result, MOEJ aims to promote the expansion of the green finance market including self-sustained formation and development of green bond market.
The scope of the studies shall be financial areas covering entire green finance including Green Bonds. The Criteria includes those partially related to an element of “environment and finance” such as ESG investments and not solely based on quantitative financial information but those that have social and environmental elements contributing to promotion of creating a decarbonized society.
Please download and refer to the Application Procedure in “4. Application Procedure and Other Documents” for more information.
2. Application Period
December 3rd, 2018 ~ February 28th, 2019, JST 5 p.m.
(The delivery of mailed and emailed application material must be completed by the deadline. No other international time zone is not applicable.)
3. Mailing Address
Osaki Forest Building, 2-18-1, Higashi-Gotanda, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo, 141-0022
The Japan Research Institute, Limited, Research Consulting division
“Application for the public invitation for research studies on ‘Financial Support Programme for Green Bond Issuance (tentative name)’ for FY2019: Research on pricing risk impact, etc. of Green Bonds and others”
Person in charge: Saori Takahashi
4. Application Procedure and Other Documents
Please download Application Procedure from the following;
- Application Procedure[PDF]
- Form 1 Research Plan
- Form 2 Cost Estimation Sheet
- Selection Standards[PDF]
- *Applicants must use the following forms (Form 1 and 2) to develop the application documents.
- *Each application document is required to be saved in Microsoft Word and Excel format and recorded in CD-R. The CD-R must accompany with the research plan, and other application documents in the application mail.
- *Along with the above mentioned mailing, applicants need to send the electronic version of application documents via email. (When doing so, the data size should be reduced to minimum.) The email address and the designated subject of the application email is as follows;
- E-mail address
- “Application for the public invitation for research studies on ‘Financial Support Programme for Green Bond Issuance (tentative name)’ for FY2019: Research on pricing risk impact, etc. of Green Bonds and others”
Please send an email to the following address by February 1st, 2019 (JST12pm=noon) if you have any inquiries. Received inquiries will be answered via email reply as well as through the publication on the Green Bond Issuance Promotion Platform.
The Japan Research Institute, Limited. Research and Consulting Division
Research on pricing risk impact, etc. of Green Bonds and others
Persons in charge: Saori Takahashi and Yusuke Sugiyama
E-mail address: 200010-GBP@ml.jri.co.jp